Safe Alliance Subject: Electronic Communications/Tools and Social Media
Approval Date: 7/22/2014 Manual: Policy and Procedure
Approved By: Board of Directors Chapter: 11.7
Electronic communications/tools includes newsletters, constant contact messages, the website, agency powerpoints and agency video.
Social media includes, but is not limited to, any usage of the internet and websites such as blogs, microblogs, photosharing, videosharing, lifecasting, social networks, listservs, wikis, online forums, chat rooms and any other such sites or forums (as, by way of example, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and MySpace), and includes publishing, commenting, tagging or otherwise communicating in any manner through such technologies and sites.
Chief Advancement Officer and Communications/Media Coordinator
Purpose and Coordination
Users and visitors to Safe Alliance's social media site will be notified via the site that the intended purpose of the site is to serve as a mechanism for communication between the agency and members of the public.
Whenever possible, content posted to Safe Alliance social media sites will also be available on the agency's main website to ensure that there is a consistent message. All requests for website and social media content, postings and changes should come through the Safe Alliance Communications/Media Coordinator.
Safe Alliance prohibits any social media site articles, comments or any other content that includes any of the following:
• Comments not topically related to the particular social medium article being discussed;
• Personal attacks of any kind;
• Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability;
• Profane language or content;
• Sexual content or links to sexual content;
• Conduct or encouragement of substance abuse;
• Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
• Promotion of political organizations;
• Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
• Posts that disclose the identity or other confidential information about our clients or staff without the their consent; or
• Content that infringes on copyrights or trademarks.
Safe Alliance reserves the right to delete any comments posted on its electronic communications/social media site at any time. The agency reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue access to the agency's social media site at any time, without notice and for any reasons and in its sole discretion. The agency may disclose communications and activities on its social media sites in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including requests under the Patriot Act, judicial orders, warrants, or subpoenas, or for the protection of individuals or the community.