Our Mission is to provide hope and healing for people in crisis. We do this through a variety of programs and services:
- 24 hour sexual assault/rape and domestic violence crisis lines.
- Safety planning for survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence and child abuse.
- Shelter for survivors of domestic violence.
- Hospital accompaniment for survivors of sexual assault/rape (24/7).
- Individual, couples and family counseling as well as play therapy for children.
- Trauma informed counseling for adults or children who have witnessed or experienced physical or sexual abuse or other traumatic situations.
- Adult support groups for survivors of sexual assault/rape and domestic violence.
- Teen support groups for survivors of sexual assault/rape.
- Post-traumatic stress debriefings for groups affected by violence.
- Court advocacy/accompaniment including assistance filing 50-B and 50-C orders, accompaniment to civil and criminal court and court-related meetings.
- Legal representation by pro-bono attorneys for domestic violence survivors.
- Domestic violence education and counseling for women who are incarcerated in Mecklenburg County.
- Assistance with applications for Crime Victim’s Compensation.
- Case management including assistance accessing community resources, support networks and coordination of referrals.
- Education and systems advocacy around the issues of sexual assault/rape, domestic violence, child abuse, trauma and victimization.
Safe Alliance assists over 12,000 people annually throughout Mecklenburg County and Lake Norman. We also reach thousands more through our educational and prevention programs as well as institutional advocacy efforts.
Safe Alliance is a United Way of the Central Carolinas member agency. We strive to make our services accessible to all people. Please let us know how we may assist you. Alternate formats of materials are available upon request.