Our Mission is to provide hope and healing for people in crisis. We do this through a variety of programs and services:
- 24 hour sexual assault/rape and domestic violence crisis lines.
- Safety planning for survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence and child abuse.
- Shelter for survivors of domestic violence.
- Hospital accompaniment for survivors of sexual assault/rape (24/7).
- A coordinated response to child survivors of sexual and physical abuse through the Tree House Children’s Advocacy Center in Union County. The Tree House provides a neutral, child-friendly location for forensic interviews, medical evaluations, advocacy and support for children and non-offending family members.
- Individual, couples and family counseling as well as play therapy for children.
- Trauma informed counseling for adults or children who have witnessed or experienced physical or sexual abuse or other traumatic situations.
- Adult support groups for survivors of sexual assault/rape and domestic violence.
- Teen support groups for survivors of sexual assault/rape.
- Post-traumatic stress debriefings for groups affected by violence.
- Support groups for non-offending caregivers of children who have been abused.
- Court advocacy/accompaniment including assistance filing 50-B and 50-C orders, accompaniment to civil and criminal court and court-related meetings.
- Legal representation by pro-bono attorneys for domestic violence survivors.
- Domestic violence education and counseling for women who are incarcerated in Mecklenburg County.
- Assistance with applications for Crime Victim’s Compensation.
- Case management including assistance accessing community resources, support networks and coordination of referrals.
- Employee Assistance Program, a program for employers offering their employees the benefit of short term counseling.
- Education and systems advocacy around the issues of sexual assault/rape, domestic violence, child abuse, trauma and victimization.
Safe Alliance assists over 20,000 people annually throughout our geographic footprint that includes offices in Cabarrus County, Charlotte, Lake Norman and Union County. We also reach thousands more through our educational and prevention programs as well as institutional advocacy efforts.
Safe Alliance is a United Way of the Central Carolinas member agency and a member of the Alliance for Children and Families. We are accredited by the Council on Accreditation and the National Children’s Alliance.
We strive to make our services accessible to all people. Please let us know how we may assist you. Alternate formats of materials are available upon request.