Safety planning for someone involved in an abusive relationship is a necessary and important step. Although you may not have control over your partner’s violence, you do have a choice about how to respond to him/her and how to best get yourself and your children to safety. For additional information about domestic violence click here Understanding Domestic Violence
Your safety plan should involve the following:
- Safety during a violent incident
- Safety when preparing to leave
- Safety in your own residence
- Safety with a Protective Order
- Safety on the job and in public
- Safety and drug or alcohol use
- Safety and your emotional health
- Items to take when leaving
Access the Safe Alliance Safety Planning Worksheet in English or Spanish.
For assistance with your safety planning, call 704.332.2513 for Charlotte locations or 704.655.8745 for our Lake Norman office.