Join us for the annual Breakfast of Hope and kick off Domestic Violence Awareness Month by raising awareness and funds for survivors in our community.
Breakfast of Hope
Thursday, October 5, 2023 | 7:45 AM- 9:30 AM
The Revelry at Camp North End, 701 Keswick Avenue
With this year's host, WSOC-TV's Erica Bryant, attendees will spend the morning enjoying a delicious breakfast by Best Impressions Catering, hearing powerful testimonial from former Safe Alliance clients Ohavia Phillips, and her mother Mahalia Hanson, and fundraising for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Ways to Get Involved
About this year's artwork
2023 Breakfast of Hope features the artwork of Colombian-American and local Charlotte artist, Maria Napier. Napier uses a deconstructed style to tell her story and illustrate complex social issues. Her sculpture, "Two Sides of Me" (2023), is a hand painted vintage mannequin torso with added features using recycled materials.
- Commit to attending Breakfast of Hope on October 5 and bringing 9 others with you to fill an event table.
- There is no cost to attend, but guests will be asked to make a meaningful tax-deductible contribution at the event.
Champions of Hope
- Connect with your community and inspire hope and healing
- Download the Champion of Hope Toolkit (PDF)
- Commit to raising funds for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault during October's Domestic Violence Awareness Month by asking your friends, family, and colleagues for their support
What she says about "Two Sides of Me": "It took me a long time to gather the courage to speak up. It took me a long time to find my way out of the darkness and heal. I'm now ready to let the light inside of me resurface. I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and domestic violence from an ex-husband. My work 'The Two Sides of Me' is inspired by my healing journey. I want to convey the duality of feelings that can affect trauma survivors. The constricting emotions of guilt, shame, and pain as well as those of hope, light, and healing. With this piece, I aim to help others to recognize and confront their own inner struggles and find the courage to seek the help they need."
MGNapierArt | Twitter, Instagram, TikTok | Linktree
Thank you to our 2023 Sponsors!