What Is Sexual Assault?
Sexual assault includes any sexual behavior that is against the will of another person (often through manipulation, force or coercion). Types of sexual assault include rape, sexual battery, child sexual abuse, incest, same-sex assault, and sexual harassment.
Did You Know?
- Every 2 minutes someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.
- 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted while attending college.
- Each year, approximately 293,000 people are sexually assaulted.
- 42% of college women who are raped tell no one about the assault.
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually assaulted before their 18th birthday.