Our mission is to provide hope and healing for those impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault. We do this through a variety of programs and services:
Safe Alliance is a United Way of the Central Carolinas member agency. We strive to make our services accessible to all people. Please let us know how we may assist you. Alternate formats of materials are available upon request.
- Greater Charlotte Hope Line (980.771.4673): Free, confidential 24/7 hotline for Mecklenburg County residents who need assistance with parenting issues, domestic violence, or sexual assault.
- Clyde & Ethel Dickson Domestic Violence Shelter, an 80-bed facility in Charlotte.
- Sexual Trauma Resource Center: Support groups for adults and teens, safety planning, hospital accompaniment, trauma-informed counseling, and more.
- Victim Assistance Court Program: Court advocacy/accompaniment including assistance filing 50B and 50C orders, accompaniment to civil and criminal court and court-related meetings, and legal representation by pro-bono attorneys for domestic violence survivors. No appointment needed.
- Lake Norman office: Located in Cornelius, N.C., the Lake Norman location offers many of the same resources as Safe Alliance's Uptown Charlotte location. Appointments only; call 704.655.8745.
- Counseling for individuals, couples, and families as well as play therapy for children.
- Support groups for adult and teen survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Resources in Other Languages
Safe Alliance is able to offer services to clients in their native language, including but not limited to the languages listed below. We have a phone line capable of translating more than 200 languages in real time. If you are a survivor of domestic violence or sexual assault, call our Greater Charlotte Hope Line 24/7 at 980.771.4673 for assistance.