To find out more about career opportunities at Safe Alliance email your resume, questions or other inquiries to email@example.com.
Shelter Relief Staff
- Safe Alliance is seeking Shelter Relief Staff. This part-time, on-call position reports to the Shelter Relief Staff Supervisor at Safe Alliance. He/she promotes the well-being and development of women and their children who are in danger of violence by the woman’s intimate partner by managing the operation of The Shelter during evenings or weekends. Qualified candidates will have a BS or BA degree from an accreditted college or university or two years of college AND at least one year residential facility experience.
To apply, send cover letter and resume with job title noted in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sexual Trauma Resource Center Counselors
Safe Alliance has an opening for Sexual Trauma Resource Center (STRC) counselors in both the Charlotte and Lake Norman offices. The STRC Counselor supports the agency by providing hope and healing to victims of sexual assault and child abuse by providing direct client services. These part-time positions become available September 1, 2015.
- Provide intake, assessment, crisis intervention and safety planning.
- Use appropriate, agency approved treatment interventions and modalities which may include individual, group, play therapy, and expressive arts therapy.
- Deliver client services to children, teens and adults by interviewing, diagnosing, developing and implementing service plans.
- Working with STRC Advocates, ensure coordinated client care with key community partners.
- Provide telephone crisis intervention as needed.
- Maintain accurate, up to date client, program and agency records, including case tracking.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s in Counseling, Social Work or Marriage & Family Therapy or similar field
- 2+ years’ experience working with victims
- Licensure (LPC, LCSW, LMFT) or working toward licensure (LCSW only)
- Experience with evidenced based practices (TFCBT, CPT, etc) preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
No calls or drop-ins please.
To apply send cover letter and resume with the job title listed in the subject line to email@example.com.
Peer Support Specialist- (Shelter)
This second shift, full-time position, supports the agency mission of providing hope and healing to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse by providing direct client services.
Reports to the Clinical Manager.
- Support effective delivery of services through crisis intervention, safety planning, assessing client needs, and support groups.
- Work closely with residential staff to identify, assess and support residents with substance abuse and behavioral health issues.
- Consistently role-model appropriate behaviors, emotions, and communication skills by demonstrating effective approaches to anger management, conflict, resolution, and problem-solving, and work with residents to teach skills necessary to function in a community living environment.
- Provide crisis intervention services by telephone or in person as necessary including responding to hotline calls.
- Promote a safe community living environment within shelter by helping residents understand and adhere to shelter policies.
- Assist in relapse prevention by providing transportation to local AA/NA meetings in agency van when appropriate.
- Provide skills training through psycho- educational and education strategies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with strong preference for Master’s Degree
- 2 years related experience
- Experience working in a residential setting and working with people who are experiencing substance abuse and behavioral health issues.
- Experience working with victims
- Spanish speaking preferred
To apply send cover letter and resume with job title listed in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.